Click to enable Recite Accessibility Features

Breaking

When whole word ready strategies don't work for all and the impact on spelling.



Dyslexia assessor and tutor, Georgina Smith is also the co-organiser of the SEN Jigsaw Conference.  Read on to find out about her workshop at the SEN Jigsaw.


Please could you tell our readers a little about yourself?


I'm Georgina Smith I'm a dyslexia assessor and tutor and have many years experience working in my own practice.  I've also written a multi-sensory, synthetic phonic reading and spelling programme based on best practice of years of teaching.  It is a programme for students from age 5 to post 16 and is suitable for those with dyslexia who are looking to boost reading and spelling capabilities.

Why do you do what you do?




Book your ticket today.


After studying in Law and working abroad, I returned to the UK and decided to do some volunteer work at the local college.  My father is dyslexic and I always had an interest in adult literacy.  I was then asked to train as a teacher.  Following this I took a job in adult education. At this point I discovered my students weren't really learning and it was then I discovered dyslexia.  I took myself off to MMU to study to become a dyslexia assessor and tutor.

What will your workshop be about at the SEN Jigsaw?

My workshop will be about how whole word recognition and look, say, cover techniques don't always work for all students. I will show how a structured synthetic phonics programme, presents students with a more logical way of decoding and encoding for reading and spelling. I will show how this will enable students to spell and read more words than those learned by whole word recognition.

What will your delegates take away from your workshop (in terms of learning)?

Delegates will be able to identify different techniques that will enable students to learn to read and spell. They will also learn more about overlapping learning difficulties.

How can our readers find out more about you?

For more information about me and my work then your readers are invited to take a look at my website which can be found by clicking here , or they could simply come to the SEN Jigsaw Conference and attend my workshop.  Click here to book your ticket.



10 comments:

  1. I think this is very well known about the rewriting technique as those people who know how to write, they literally know about this rewriting thing and its working way. try this go here and you'll be get an better idea about academic papers writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These strategies are detailed and informative as well. I can really learn lot of thingd from this blog which that's why i click here so often.
    People must attend these workshops and conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every kind of strategies are important to do better in your own work where you find some here http://www.academicghostwriter.org/academic-writing-services/ and you do your own kind of task for your provement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every kind of strategies are important to do better in your own work where you find some here http://www.academicghostwriter.org/academic-writing-services/ and you do your own kind of task for your provement. http://www.academicghostwriter.org/academic-writing-services/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have look that some people are really fall for these strategies to get help. Click here http://www.nursingresearch.biz/rn-writing-services/ to get the better writing services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can ready for the better strategies in this time. Just come here and find the new limit for your life. Find the new ways to spell for the better terms. Get the useful link from this zone and maintain your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. thanks, it's time to avail this Roofer Services in Highlands Ranch CO visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. it's time to avail this Appliances Removal Services In Santa Rosa CA visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan! thanks for this. it's time to avail Best Garage Door Openers Installation In Chicago IL visit here for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. keep posting thanks this time to take advantage of mbbs study in china for more details,

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Something new is coming to The Studying With Dyslexia Blog.

Something new is coming to The Studying With Dyslexia Blog. For almost 4 years, the Studying With Dyslexia Blog has sought to bri...

Powered by Blogger.